Sunday, November 11, 2007
I just want to let my readers know why i am developing this site in this manner.
Please bear with me.
I was born at Tabuk, Kaling Province (now, Tabuk City) sometime in 1984. The place is a fertile valley with many rice fields from end to no end. Rice terraces grace the slopes of some selected hills. It is the rice granary of the region, in other words, there is abundance of wealth in the place. This is also the place where i grew up.
The only sad feature (for me) of this place is the fact that tribal war is rampant.
In fact, as an elementary pupil, i felt the impact of tribal warfare at Tabuk, Kalinga when some of our teachers did not report to their classes for more than one (1) month. The same thing happened when i was in my secondary.
Not too few pupils and students and teachers left Tabuk and went back to their respective family homes in order to preserve their lives and/or to protect their families while tribal wars were on-going.
The members of each warring tribe leave Tabuk as soon as the war is announced.
What is peculiar at Kalinga is the fact that not all the tribes fight at the same time. The tribal wars were only between two tribes at a time.
I was very young when i had this wild idea to write something about pagta; good graces, this blogging activity gave me some space for me to just write down my thoughts and arrange some ideas that have long been in me...
 
posted by Leusen at 10:14 PM |


1 Comments:


At November 17, 2007 at 9:45 PM, Blogger sahara alia

tribal wars? interesting culture you got, rex. write more about it. post ka about your homeland tapos mas maganda kung may pictures para feeling tourist na rin kami. hehe